Through a lot of hard work.
Will I be having fun? Of course! But along the way I intend to record that fun on this blog with as high of quality content as I can produce in as many forms of media as I can integrate. If the quality is there and the audience grows, then I have the opportunity to make $$$ to support my exploits. For me to accomplish this, though, I need your help.
People keep asking how I can make money with a blog; there are multiple ways–some direct and others indirect–but they all hinge on building an audience. So, if you want to help me pull this off, here are a few things you can do:
- Share! Share! Share! My goal is to support myself as an author. The more readers I have following my page, the easier my sales pitch will be when the time comes. I’ve included buttons at the end of every article to make it easy for you to share ones you like on Facebook, Twitter, email, etc. So email and tell a friend or Facebook and tell them all! Remember: Sharing is Caring! And if you work for the media, contact me!
- Click on an ad. I don’t intend to spam up my site, but a few ads are a necessary evil when producing free content, so if something catches your eye, by all means click.
- Follow my links to Amazon or other affiliate marketers. If I review a product, say a book or CD, and create a link, then if you’re interested you’re supporting me by clicking through that link. And with Amazon, I get a commission on anything you buy. So if you’re going to buy anyhow, click here and help a brother out!
- Over time I hope to develop certain products such as ebooks, visitor guides, and self-guided tour podcasts. If you like what you read, then please consider purchasing.
OKAY, BUT IS THIS ALL ABOUT $$$ AND WASTING A YEAR OF YOUR LIFE GOOFING OFF?
Nope. There’s nothing wrong with enjoying life, but for me enjoyment includes doing and accomplishing. And there’s quite a bit I hope to accomplish while having the time of my life. This may sound like a whim but I’ve been planning and strategizing for quite a while. Here are a few goals:
- Document my Mardi Gras year on this blog in an entertaining and engaging manner, building a solid readership along the way.
- Create an ebook after Mardi Gras 2014 to sell based on this blog, but expanded, polished & compiled. Coming to a Computer Near You: Spring 2014!!!
- Use publicity from this blog to sell my memoir to a traditional publisher. If you’re an interested agent or editor, feel free to contact me through the links on this page.
- Learn to use my passions and love of writing to manage my personal brand and businesses. I’ve always dreamed of publishing a paper bound book through a major publisher, yet aspire to financial independence outside corporate patronage.
- Master a variety of online platforms (ebooks, websites, YouTube videos, podcasts, etc.) to promote, educate about, and provide access to the places and things dear to me.
- Become a licensed guide and share my love of New Orleans culture, cuisine, music and history in targeted niche tours customized for visitors who find this blog. Obviously I’m a social guy who loves sharing my passions. As this blog grows and I become increasingly connected to the city, I’d love to take it from cyberspace to the sidewalks!
NOW THAT YOU KNOW WHO, WHAT, WHY, WHEN, WHERE & HOW, CLICK ‘HERE’ TO GO TO MY BLOG: